TROOPER OF THE YEAR CRITERIA
A. This award will recognize any member of the WVTA who displays an outstanding overall performance during a specified year (January to January).
B. All nominations shall be presented on a form provided by the WVTA by anyone having first hand direct knowledge of the applicants performance (i.e., superior officer, prosecuting attorney).
C. An award selection committee will consist of:
1. WV State Police Superintendent
2. WVTA Executive Board and WVTA Board of Directors
D. Award selection committee will review all nominations and grade each applicant in the following manner:
1. Each committee member will rank, in order from first to last, each nomination in a subjective manner, with the scoring assigned in reverse order;
2. Point tally will be realized by a first place vote receiving the worth of the total number of nominations being received (i.e., 20 candidates = 20 points for 1st place - 19 points for 2nd place, etc.);
E. This award will be presented at the WVTA Conference in June of each year (i.e., Award presented at the June 2013 conference will be for calendar year 2012).
F. This award will consist of the following:
1. One Thousand Five hundred Dollars ($1,500) cash.
2. WVTA Trooper of the Year Plaque.
3. Trooper of the Year will be issued a name plate designating the year of the award. This name plate will be worn on all appropriate WVSP uniforms.
TROOPER OF THE YEAR ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
A. Trooper of the Year nominees who rank second through fourth place inclusive will receive Trooper of the Year Achievement Awards.
B. Ties for Achievement Awards will not be broken.
C. Ties for fourth place will be awarded to the individual who received the most first place votes, then the most second place votes, etc.
D. This award will consist of the following:
1. Two Hundred dollars ($250) cash;
2. WVTA Trooper of the Year Plaque;
PREVIOUS WVTA TROOPERS OF THE YEAR
|Copyright 2009 - WV Troopers Association - All Rights Reserved - Maintained by Digital Recovery & Analysis|